Dear Parents and Carers
We have heard some bad weather reports for the end of the week, so here is a reminder of what we do....
Severe weather can sometimes lead to the closure of the school but this is only in extreme circumstances. We will always do our very best to keep the school open, but decisions to close the school are based upon health and safety considerations including...
- advice to close from the Local Authority,
- being unable to provide school dinners or
-insufficient staff numbers.
In all events, no decision to close the school will be made before the day, until the Head Teacher has assessed all relevant information and spoken to other local Head Teachers.
If any parents decide that the weather is causing a risk to their child's safety, we will respect their decision not to travel to school. This would be an authorised absence in severe weather. We would expect your child to read their reading book and complete any homework at home please.
IF SCHOOL MAKES THE DECISION TO CLOSE BEFORE 8.30AM:
* We will message all parents via Text2Parents and / or Class Dojo, aiming to do so as early as possible.
* We will post the school closure notification on the school website: www.brigg.derbyshire.sch.uk
* You should not attempt to come to school.
IF THE SCHOOL MAKES THE DECISION TO CLOSE AFTER 8.30AM:
* The school building will remain open and any pupils who arrive will be supervised until they can be collected, then...
* Parents will be contacted to collect their children as soon as possible, via the texting service and class dojo
* Pupils will not be allowed to go home with any adult who is not a regular carer of the child, unless we hear from parents directly.
THE DAY AFTER A CLOSURE
Please assume that the school is open unless a text / dojo message is sent out. We aim to inform parents to let them know whether the school is closed or open if the weather is severe, as early as we possibly can. Please do not telephone the school to ask if we are open (this blocks the telephone lines and prevents staff calling in).
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CONTACT NUMBERS ARE UP-TO-DATE AT ALL TIMES (we should have at least 2 contacts per child please).
Children can choose to play outside in the snow at play time and dinner time,if it is not severe weather and if they would like to. Children will only be allowed outside if they have:-
- Wellies (with shoes to change into)
- Hat and gloves
- Waterproof winter coat
Any questions or concerns do email me or message on class dojo.
Mrs A Spencer Headteacher@brigg.derbyshire.sch.uk