Sports Premium Funding
Our PE Curriculum at The Brigg
We believe that Physical Education is essential to the health, fitness, well-being and mental health of our children. We are proud to provide our children with a broad and engaging curriculum which not only uses highly skilled professionals to develop children's sporting skills but also develops their confidence, team-building, resilience and sportsmanship. We have developed close links with sporting bodies, such as Bolsover School Sports Partnership, to create many competitive, inclusive and diverse opportunities for our children at The Brigg. We have an ethos of the active learning throughout the day so that our children are happy, focussed and engaged in all subjects. As result, our children leave the school with the fundamentals in physical literacy, giving them the skills, knowledge and ability to thrive in physical education in their junior schools and with the confidence to continue participating in sport and lead healthy, happy, active lives.
What is Sports Premium?
Sports Premium is an amount of money which the government has agreed to allocate to schools based upon the number of pupils. The Sports Premium is used to increase the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, and increase participation. At The Brigg Infant School, we strive to promote healthy and active lifestyles and aim to provide sporting opportunities for all pupils.
In 2021-22, we will receive a total of £17,040 at The Brigg.
In 2022-23 we expect to receive a total of £17,094 for Sports Premium.
What did we do with this money in 2021 -22?
- Affiliation with Shirebrook Sports Academy and Glebe Juniors to support with training, support and events for pupils such as mini leader training, infant agility, a Fun Run, dance workshops and competitions, gymnastics and mini olympic events.
- Professional sports coaches to work with all year groups weekly, developing ABC; Agility, Balance and Co-ordination, working alongside teachers to aid training and assessment.
- New equipment including balance bikes, helmets, basket ball hoops, gymnastic tables and outdoor play equipment.
- Staff Training e.g. PE Leadership, ABC and balance bikes.
- Workshops for children e.g. Balance bikes
- Free buses to events for all pupils.
- Lunchtime equipment and support from our coach and the Little Leaders to ensure that children have an active, fun and happy lunchtimes.
- The Garden Project, outdoor pursuits throughout the year for all Year 2 pupils.
- A range of afterschool sports clubs.
- Trips including Pleasley Vale outdoor pursuits centre.
- Improvements to our outdoor provision.
What are our plans for the Sports Funding for 2022 -23? See the most recent Impact and Spending report below.