Sports Premium Funding
What is Sports Premium?
Sports Premium is an amount of money which the government has agreed to allocate to schools based upon the number of pupils. From 2017 each school received an increased amount of funding. In 2019 we will receive totalling £17,020 at The Brigg. The Sports Premium is used to increase the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, and increasing participation in PE and Sport. At The Brigg Infant School, we strive to promote healthy and active lifestyles and aim to provide sporting opportunities for all pupils.
What are we going to do with the money in 2019-2020?
- Affiliation with Shirebrook Sports Academy and Glebe Juniors to support with training, support and events for pupils such as Boccia, Fun Run, dance workshops and competitions, gymnastics and mini olympic events.
- Professional sports coaches to work with Years 1 and 2 each week, developing Athletics and multi-skills, working alongside teachers to aid training and assessment.
- New equipment including balance bikes and outdoor play boxes.
- Staff Training; PE Leadership, Athletics, Big Moves and balance bikes.
- Workshops for children; Balance bikes, Bike Ability, Dance and Scooter Smart, Little Leaders.
- Free buses to events for all pupils.
- Lunchtime equipment and support from our coach and the Little Leaders to ensure that children have an active, fun and happy lunchtimes.
- The Garden Project, outdoor pursuits throughout the year for all pupils.
- New Mini Groovers dance club and Tae Kwondo club.
- Trips including Lea Green outdoor pursuits centre.
- Improvements to our outdoor provision for EYFS.