The Brigg Infant School fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection and safeguarding and sees this aspect as the most important part of our work with children and their families. It is part of all aspects of our curriculum and life at school.
Our designated person to contact regarding any issue relating to safeguarding is Mrs A Spencer, Headteacher.
In her absence, contact deputy Mrs J Mackney or Mrs K Smith EYFS lead.
We are very proud of the following findings by OFSTED in July 2019...
"There is a strong safeguarding culture that permeates the school. Leaders are acutely aware of the issues facing vulnerable families.... Staff know pupils very well. ... Pupils are safe in school. Pupils say that they can speak to any adult about their concerns. Parents agree the school is a safe place for their children.""
You can find our school policy for Child Protection and Safeguarding and other important safeguarding documents are listed below, please click to select...
- Child Protection Policy & Safeguarding
- Guidance for Safer Working Practice
- Working Together to Safeguard Children | Sept 2018
- Staff Code of Conduct Policy
- Staff Competence Policy
- Children Missing Education
- Escalation Policy
- Threshold Guidance
- Allegations against Staff, Volunteers & Carers
- What Is Child Sexual Exploitation?
- Information Sharing Guidance
- Domestic Violence and Abuse Guidance
- Keeping Children Safe In Education Factsheet
- What To Do If You Are Worried A Child Is Being Abused
- Confidential Reporting Policy
- Separated Parents DCC Policy
- Managing Allegations 2015 DCC policy