The Brigg Infant School fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection and safeguarding and sees this aspect as the most important part of our work with children and their families. It is part of all aspects of our curriculum and life at school.
Our designated person to contact regarding any issue relating to safeguarding is Mrs A Spencer, Headteacher.
In her absence, contact deputy Mrs J Mackney or Mrs K Smith EYFS lead.
We are very proud of the following findings by OFSTED in July 2019...
"There is a strong safeguarding culture that permeates the school. Leaders are acutely aware of the issues facing vulnerable families.... Staff know pupils very well. ... Pupils are safe in school. Pupils say that they can speak to any adult about their concerns. Parents agree the school is a safe place for their children.""
Learning to Keep Safe at The Brigg
This term we have been learning that PANTS ARE PRIVATE! This NSPCC unit is a fun way to learn about good and bad touches, secrets and who children can speak to if they need help.
We also loved the Pantosuarus Song, join in by CLICKING HERE!
You can find our school policy for Child Protection and Safeguarding and other important safeguarding documents are listed below, please click to select...
- Keeping Children Safe In Education 2020
- Child Protection Policy & Safeguarding
- Allegations against Staff, Volunteers & Carers
- Anti Bullying | 2018
- Children Missing Education
- Confidential Reporting Policy
- Domestic Violence and Abuse Guidance
- Escalation Policy
- Intimate and Personal Care Early Years
- Intimate Personal Care KS1
- Managing Allegations 2015 DCC policy
- Mobile Phone Use at The Brigg | December 2014
- Staff Code of Conduct Policy
- Working Together to Safeguard Children | Sept 2018
- What To Do If You Are Worried A Child Is Being Abused
- What Is Child Sexual Exploitation?
- Staying Safe Online - Parents Factsheet