The Brigg Infant School fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection and safeguarding and sees this aspect as the most important part of our work with children and their families. It is part of all aspects of our curriculum and life at school.
Our designated person to contact regarding any issue relating to safeguarding is Mrs A Spencer, Headteacher, or in her absence, contact Miss C Brooks. Both can be contacted on email@example.com or call 01773 811317.
We are very proud of the following findings by OFSTED in July 2019...
"There is a strong safeguarding culture that permeates the school. Leaders are acutely aware of the issues facing vulnerable families.... Staff know pupils very well. ... Pupils are safe in school. Pupils say that they can speak to any adult about their concerns. Parents agree the school is a safe place for their children.""
Learning to Keep Safe; Safeguarding in our Curriculum
- In Autumn 2022 we learnt that PANTS ARE PRIVATE! This NSPCC unit is a fun way to learn about good and bad touches, secrets and who children can speak to if they need help.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE PARENTS GUIDE
We also loved the Pantosuarus Song, join in by CLICKING HERE!
- In Spring 2023, we are joining forecs with NSPCC for a special Speak Out Stay Safe Assembly. Find out more in our newsletter.
- In Spring 2023, we will all join in with National Online Safety Week. We will be learning a helpful song called 'Ask For Help' with Buddy The Dog. The older children will be taking part in a drama workshop called 'Captain Digi' to learn about keeping safe from strangers online.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW TO PROTECT YOUR CHILD ONLINE WITH NSPCC.
You can find our school policy for Child Protection and Safeguarding and other important safeguarding documents are listed below, please click to select...
- Keeping Children Safe In Education 2022
- Allegations against Staff, Volunteers & Carers
- Children Missing Education
- Domestic Violence and Abuse Guidance
- Escalation Policy
- Mobile Phone Use at The Brigg | December 2014
- Staff Code of Conduct Policy
- Working Together to Safeguard Children | Sept 2018
- What To Do If You Are Worried A Child Is Being Abused
- What Is Child Sexual Exploitation?
- Staying Safe Online - Parents Factsheet
- Safeguarding Child Protection Policy Nov 22