Welcome to EYFS
The classes in EYFS are called Moon and Star.
The Teachers in EYFS are Miss Smith and Mrs Topley.
The Teaching Assistants are Mrs Cason and Mrs Smith.
This term (Autumn 2) our topic is called Let's Celebrate! and our learning challenge question is Are all celebrations the same?'
We are excited about... finding out all about different celebrations such as Bonfire Night, Remembrance, Diwali, Christmas and why some people celebrate these events.
Some of the things we will be learning about are:
- Seasons (Autumn and Winter)
- Topic Stories
- Primary colours and colour mixing
- Artist – Andy Goldsworthy
- We will also be following questions and ideas from the children!
At the end of the week we will be posting a blog and photographs on Class Dojo to tell you all about the exciting things we have been doing in school that week. This will give you the chance to talk to your children about their learning.
You can help your children at home by
- Reading at least 4 times a week
- Practicing phonics sounds
- Correct letter formation
- Name writing
- Recognising, writing and ordering number to 5