Late Gate Support
Thank you to our Chair of Governors Mr Bagworth for his support in running a Late Gate check up with me last week. We will repeat this each term.
Good news; numbers of pupils who were late for lessons was so low.
It is very important that pupils arrive at school at or before 9am every day. This helps them to feel calm and prepared for lessons, hear any important messages about the day ahead and to touch base with staff and friends before lessons.
Our first lesson is always PHONICS where we use Read Write Inc to teach your children to read. If they are late, they miss the most vital lesson of the day.
Thank you to all those who are always on time. Well done to those who are trying harder to be on time, do keep it up.
Let us know how we can help you if this is difficult for you. We may be able to help.
Top tips to be on time...
- Lay out all school clothes the night before.
- Keep shoes in one place.
- Get your child to bed on time.
- Prepare bags and lunches the night before.
- Invest in an alarm clock.
- Encourage your child to get themselves ready BEFORE watching TV / ipads or technology.
- Keep breakfast simple, not too many choices.
- Put together an emergency pack you can grab if late; cereal bar, empty water bottle (we can fill it), juice box, wipes, bobble...
- Always make time for cuddles!
More details can be found at https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1053405/10-ways-to-get-your-child-to-school-on-time